If you have never used GradApp, please create a new account.
If you are a current or former UA student, faculty, or staff member and have a UA NetID, follow this WebAuth link. Your GradApp account will be automatically created.
If you've forgotten your password, please use our account recovery tool.
Each applicant must provide a unique email address to use this system.
1. BA from an accredited institution
2. Minimum 3.00 GPA, GRE exam is not required
3. Experience with and access to persons with disabilities
4. Must not be seeking State certification as a special education teacher
5. Certificate Applicants must have a Supervision Plan by a BCBA
Through GradApp you will have the ability to upload the required documents for consideration by the admission committee. All materials submitted in support of an application become the property of the University of Arizona and will not be returned to the applicant or forwarded to other schools or agencies. For this application upload the following:
Applicants recommended for admission will be required to submit final official transcripts to the Graduate College admissions office.
- The GradApp system requires all applicants to upload unofficial pdf versions of transcripts from all institutions they have attended. Note all uploaded transcripts are considered unofficial.
- Make sure your transcripts are formatted and saved as pdf, and the file contains all pages of the transcripts.
- If you have attended or currently attending the University of Arizona, there is no need to provide an official transcript.
Transcripts from International Universities:
- The GradApp system requires all applicants to upload unofficial pdf versions of transcripts from all institutions they have attended.
- Transcript must be a comprehensive record of all studies completed, detailing courses studied and the grades (marks) received.
- Copy of Degree or Diploma certificates are required if the degree is not officially posted on the transcript. Degree or Diploma certificates must indicate the type of degree awarded and the date of award.
- Unofficial documents must be submitted in the original native language but must be accompanied by an officially verified English translation issued by the university or college.
- The Graduate Admissions office does not accept evaluations from private credentials evaluation services in lieu of the original official transcripts and/or diploma from the issuing institution.
Statement of Purpose
A brief statement indicating the academic and professional goals you hope to achieve in pursuit of this program of study. Further details and instructions are provided in the module.
Recommender contact information
Three letters of recommendation, these should be from persons who have direct knowledge of your academic and/or professional performance and potential for graduate study within the past six to twelve months. We find that the best recommenders are people who know the applicant well and have supervised them in an academic, professional settings, or experience in the field. You must include at least one professor who can attest to your academic potential, and at least one supervisor or mentor. If you have been a teacher, please include a principal. Further details and instructions are provided in the module in GradApp.
International applicants - English proficiency
International students must provide acceptable English proficiency scores. All tests must be dated within 2 years of the enrollment term to be considered valid. The institutional code for the University of Arizona is 4832. Please complete the section "English Proficiency" under the Supplemental Questions module.
- After choosing a program, Special Education (MA) – Applied Behavior Analysis SPECMAABA or Applied Behavior Analysis (Certificate NDP) ABACRTG, go to Graduate Admissions Application, GradApp
- Create a profile and be prepared to upload unofficial PDF versions of all transcripts and diploma/degree certificates, statement of purpose, recommender contact information, etc. and confirm that all pages have uploaded correctly
- The ABA programs are fully online and must apply to the Online Campus. You may not be simultaneously enrolled on multiple campuses. If you are already enrolled in a graduate program on one of the UA campuses, you must complete or discontinue your current program before enrolling
- Use the Application Checklist to track your progress, and confirm all your documents and pages have uploaded correctly
- Review your application details
- Pay the application fee**
- Submit your application
**Application fee is $90.00 is non-refundable. The program does not offer application fee waivers.
Awaiting a Decision
Once submitted, your application and electronic documents are available for ABA faculty to review. You will be contacted for an interview (via Zoom).
The Graduate College does not make initial admission decisions; the ABA faculty will send the Graduate College an official admission recommendation.
If recommended for admission, the Graduate College will notify you via email and will perform a secondary admission evaluation. Any additional necessary documents will be requested via email at this time.
Admitted students will receive email notification of admission.
Login to GradApp to accept your admission and view/print your official Certificate of Admission.
View the Status field on your Certificate of Admission document. The admissions process for students with a "Complete" status is completed.
Students with “Subject To” status must still submit necessary documents. Please refer to our “Subject To” for more information.